Your Ad Here
Your Ad Here

Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Integrity and Strength of Character -- What is Missing from the Workplace in 2009!!!


"There were a few stories Jon Huntsman narrated in his book, which had a profound impact on the employee, leader, and human being I aspire to be.
 

 
1) Mercy and being Merciful: Winning the prize but being viewed as predatory and without Mercy in the end by all who watched.
 

 
2) Integrity & Covenant: I gave my word and my seal (handshake) on this deal. It took a while to pen the deal, prices went up, but my word does not change. If it does, then I fundamentally change the Respect and Trust my employees, family, and I have in myself.
 

 
3) Lawyers: Advisors period. Although he did not reference it, Michael Corleone made this very clear to Tom Hagen, when he was making the critical decisions and pivotal moves in GF II. "I trust you and know you want to help, but you are a Concigliere, not an Enforcer." Play your position on the team, REAL WELL. Accept the fact, CERTAIN people and positions were never meant to do more than one thing.
 

 
4) Loyalties, Tributes, and Allegiances: There is a whole generations of people who only know about Watergate as a "political blemish" in a President's legacy and America's history. Jon provides an insightful and VALUABLE look at a lesson I learned my first semester of graduate school: know when gratitude for a job or opportunity definitively ends and irrevocable damage to one's integrity begins. If you did not earn it through your honest actions, then it is a "debt" - whether emotional, financial, or sexual, expected to be repaid.
 

 
Thank you Jon Huntsman for the following words of inspiration:
 
"Adversity introduces a Man to himself."
 
"He proffered blind loyalty to Nixon and demanded the same from his staff. I saw how power was abused and I didn't buy in. One never has to."
 
".Whistleblowers, individuals who usually are neither disloyal nor disgruntled employees. They were frustrated about an internal warning system that wasn't operational or valued.""

No comments:

Post a Comment